Sunday, May 31, 2009

Scripture Sunday ~ Joshua 1:7

I pray everyone is doing well on this glorious Sunday. I am excited to say that I will not be working this summer, because the preschool where I teach does not have a 2-yr part time program for the summer. This is my first summer in about 6 years that I won't be working. I am elated but at the same time it feels frightening (if this is the right word to use).

I just pray that I use this time wisely. I don't want to be a waster of time, get caught up with myself and my agenda, and not take heed to the voice of God because I allow distractions to take precedence over Him. My prayer for this summer is that I would draw closer to God so that I can get a clear map of my journey He has planned for me.

My life scripture for the summer, which I am studying now, is Matthew 6:33, "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you." I have a few goals that I would love to accomplish this summer, but I know they won't come to past if I don't Seek God First.

Everday I am denouncing this fear I speak of, because I know that "God has not given me a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind," (2 Timothy 1:7). Another thing, I wll be able to blog more and get back on schedule.


I am saying all this to bring you to my scripture for today, which is Joshua 1:7,
"Only be strong and very courageous, that you may observe to do according to all the law which Moses My servant commanded you; do not turn from it to the right hand or to the left, that you may prosper wherever you go." Along with Matthew 6:33, this would be my scripture to remind me to always be strong and courageous, stay focus on God and His Word, and not waver to the left or the right.


Photobucket



I know this is not my usual "Scripture Sunday" but I had to say what was on my heart. Happy Sunday to all!!




Your Sister in Christ,

Free Signature Generator

Free Signature Generator

5 comments:

Omah's Helping Hands said...

Great choice of Scriptures Toia. I have a feeling you will do well this summer. You are a strong woman in the Lord already and know what you need to do. I'll be praying for you. Great post! Love to you sister and many blessings

Chris said...

Thank you for Scripture Sunday! Have a wonderful week!

Andrea @ The Train To Crazy said...

I just stumbled upon your blog and it is wonderful!

From the Heart said...

A great post and great scriptures. I use Matt. 6:33 when I read my devotions and then pray.

God bless you and give you an uplifting summer.
AliceE.

Wendy Blight said...

Toia,

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and sharing your heart. As I was reading the beautiful Scriptures on your blog I thought how much they applied to what was on your heart.

In the economy of the world, respecting and submitting to one who does not seem to deserve it does not make sense. But in God's economy, blessings follow obedience...do not turn to the left or to the right...honor My commands...words so hard to live out but TRUTH nonetheless.

How I pray this summer God will do a mighty work in you, your marriage, and your family as you seek to HONOR His Word. I pray strength, peace, and contentedness will fill your heart each and every day. I pray God will fill you with wisdom and give you great favor with your husband as you live out His love in your home.

Sweet blessings,

Wendy