Monday, September 13, 2010

The "Blah" is Gone...Hallelujah!

Let me start off by saying that it is no fun (absolutely none, zilch, zero) at all being sick or under the weather. My stomach was buzzing, churning, chirping and other noises (not sure I can describe). Besides the usual fever, I had body aches, the chills and a not-so-friendly stomach. Now, with all this being said, I have a confession to make. When it comes to my stomach aching or feeling queasy, I am a complete and total punk.


I have more tolerance for a headache than what I have for stomach issues. This had me thinking how we can take the smallest thing for granted. For instance, energy....I did not have any. I was in bed pretty much all day. It hurted to walk. My normal Sunday routine was thrown out the window. There were things I needed and wanted to do, but was by no means in any position to do anything about it.

However, I am back to normal. My body is still a little sore, but it's no big deal. I praise and thank God for restoring my health and strength. And I pray that I don't take things for granted, like having all my limbs in tact, good health, great family, great friends, a job, a car, a house, all my five senses, freedom in Jesus Christ, etc., and etc.

The list can go on and on. There's not a lot people who can say that they have the freedom to do whatever they want, or have all their hands and feet, legs.....or their own house car...or a job. So, in all that from being sick yesterday...I know I will bless the Lord at all times and His praises will continually be in my mouth.

"I will bless the LORD at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth. My soul shall make its boast in the LORD; The humble shall hear of it and be glad. Oh, magnify the LORD with me, And let us exalt His name together." (Psalm 34:1-3)



Photobucket

3 comments:

A Free Spirit Butterfly said...

Good morning my sister in Christ. I'm so very glad that the Lord is slowly restoring your health. I know that feeling of "little to no energy." The Thyroids have that effect in a BIG way.

I too like you thank HIM for my 5 senses. All the little things we tend to take for granted in this busy life of ours.

I try to remember to thank Him each time I take a hot shower. I'll never forget an episode of Oprah where a little boy was collecting change so that he could buy a well in Africa because of the lack of water there.

Hallelujah for the little things. In His Holy name - Amen.

Love and peace
China

From the Heart said...

Praise God that your feeling better. My husband and I are scheduled to get the flu shot next Monday. I thank God that he gave someone the solution to preventing the flu. I have not had it since I started taking the shots back in the nineties, can't remember exactly when. I had a really bad case of it and everything the doctor gave me I reacted to. He advised that I get the shot so I did and it has worked, to God be the glory.

RCUBEs said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better sister. It's not fun to get sick, no matter what kind... But it inspires me that you choose to praise Him, despite of what you had gone through. And that is the right attitude we must have. God bless and protect you.