Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Old Things Have Passed Away!!!


zwani.com myspace graphic comments Twitter Background




"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become NEW."(2 Corinthians 5:17)





New - [Greek word: kainos (kahee-noss) #2537] - unused, fresh, novel. The word means new in regard to form or quality rather than new in reference to time.






Being a new creature in Christ, means that I am not the same Toia I was before I accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior. And the same applies to you as well. A new creature in Christ is about having a new and improve attitude, a new leash on life, and acquiring new attributes.








"Old things passed away..." means that by the power of the Holy Spirit, you don't have to let things from your past or that old stinkin' thinkin' keep you in bondage. You are a new and free creature in Christ, a heir to the throne, a King's son or daughter, a royal priesthood who does not have to accept things that will prevent them from springing forth into all that God has to offer.



God has imprinted Himself and all that He is in your heart. With that in mind, He will give you everything you need to become new and to maintain your newness so that you will not slip back into the old.





Heavenly Father, Thank you for allowing me to be a new creature in Your Son's precious name Jesus Christ. Give me the strength I need to maintain my newness. The former me no longer lives. I am a new and free creature in Christ Jesus. I refuse to go back, but press forward. In Jesus' Holy Name, I pray. Amen!!




zwani.com myspace graphic comments Twitter Background







Photobucket

3 comments:

LOVE, MERCY AND GRACE...GOD'S GRACE said...

Amen, friend!! Something we must strive for daily!!!

~Beth

From the Heart said...

So glad I'm a new creature in Christ and old things have passed away. Great post.

Susan said...

Amen, I'm so grateful for that "new song" he's put in my heart.

Great word♥