Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Ode to Mothers Week - A Mother's Love




Photobucket



There's nothing like a mother's love. A mother's love is nurturing, endearing, comforting, and warm. A mother's love is express in so many ways. You can see it and feel it everytime she bakes gourmet cookies, helps out with homework, kisses the boo-boos, wipes away the tears, etc. A mother's love is endless from the moment her child started to grow in her womb to adulthood. A mother will love her child(ren) forever.


Here's an excerpt from one of my favorite children's book, "I Love You Forever" By: Robert Munsch


A mother held her new baby and very slowly rocked him back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. And while she held him, she sang:

I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always,
As long as I'm living
my baby you'll be.
Well, that mother, she got older. She got older and older and older. One day she called up her son and said, "You'd better come see me because I'm very old and sick." So her son came to see her. When he came in the door she tried to sing the song. She sang:

I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always...

But she couldn't finish because she was too old and sick. The son went to his mother. He picked her up and rocked her back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. And he sang this song:
I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always,
As long as I'm living
my Mommy you'll be.




When I taught preschool, every year I would invite mothers and grandmothers to their child's classroom for Mother's Day Tea. In honor of our classroom moms, I would read "Love You Forever". Needless to say, there was not a dry eye in the classroom.


ilovemymom



I, also, came across this poem and thought I would share it with you.




A Mother's Love
There are times when only a Mother's love
Can understand our tears,
Can soothe our disappoints
And calm all of our fears.

There are times when only a Mother's love
Can share the joy we feel
When something we've dreamed about
Quite suddenly is real.
There are times when only a Mother's faith
Can help us on life's way
And inspire in us the confidence
We need from day to day.
For a Mother's heart and a Mother's faith
And a Mother's steadfast love
Were fashioned by the Angels
And sent from God above.

Author Unknown




I pray this post is a blessing to all mothers.



Photobucket




Photobucket

No comments: