Sunday, March 14, 2021

Selah Sunday ~ Psalm 42



Welcome to another episode of Selah Sunday.  It's hard to relax, release, and refresh when you are feeling stress, sad, distress, or just plain troublesome with a side order of blah because of everything that may be going on in and around your world.

As the deer pants for the water brooks,
So pants my soul for You, O God.
 My soul thirsts for God, for the living God.
When shall I come and appear before God?
 My tears have been my food day and night,
While they continually say to me,
“Where is your God?”
(Psalm 42:1-3)

Psalm 42 is about yearning and thirsting for God in the midst of your troubles.  This Psalm encourages its readers to meditate on God's kindness and His love, when they are feeling lonely, defeated, or distressed.

Special Note: Like the life of a deer depends upon water, so should our lives depend on God.  Those who seek Him earnestly and long to understand Him to find peace, joy, hope, and established their faith.  Feeling separated by God is an uneasy feeling.  Therefore, we must chase after God by way of prayer, praise, worship, and reading His word, which in turn will restore a deeper relationship with Him.  One thing I know for sure we need God in our life every single day 24/7.  

"When I remember these things, I pour out my soul within me.
For I used to go with the multitude; I went with them to the house of God,
With the voice of joy and praise, With a multitude that kept a pilgrim feast.
Why are you cast down, O my soul?  And why are you disquieted within me?
Hope in God, for I shall yet praise Him For the help of His countenance.
O my God, my soul is cast down within me;..."
(Psalm 42:4-6)

Depression, disappointments, and setbacks are a part of life.  However, there's an antidote for the emotional and physical distress from unforeseen, unwanted ailments in our life.  That is, meditating on the goodness of God.  God is always good. The joy of the Lord is our strength.


Relax, release and take your mind off your current situation.  Selah.  Redirect your thoughts from negative to positive ones.  Selah.  Focus your thoughts on God's ability to move mountains, to make ways out of no way, and to help you in the time of trouble.  Selah.  Finally, allow God's word to be your antidepressant by reading, studying, and meditating on scriptures that best describe your current situation.  Selah.


Sleep in Peace.
Wake in Joy.




No comments: