Saturday, February 21, 2009

Psalm in a Picture #2 ~ Psalm 46:10-11

Psalm in a Picture is a passage from the book of Psalms in a picture. Psalm is known as the book of praise. There's a psalm for every situation and every mood (whether it's joyful or sad). As you read each psalm, I pray it is always a blessing to your spirit, soul, and body. For this week, I chose Psalm 46:10-11.




MySpace Generators


When so much is going on around us, we can get very busy with our daily schedules and coming and going in different directions 99.9% of the time. Or even when there is an unpleasant situation, we try to figure it out for ourselves. But with all the chaos going on around you, God wants you to be still long enough to realize and know who He is. He is the God of peace and stillness. You just have to trust Him to work your situation, schedule, or whatever you need out on your behalf. But you have to take your hand off and let it stay off of what you're casting on Him. God does not need our help to turn things around for the better in our lives. All He wants us to do is stand still. In the midst of standing still, praise and worship God for who He is.....faithful and just.

While you are standing still, you may feel like you are standing alone. But you're not. Just as Psalm 46:11 says, "The Lord of hosts is with us. The God of Jacob is our refuge.

What is refuge? According to the dictionary, refuge is
1. Protection or shelter, as from danger or hardship.
2. A place providing protection or shelter.
3. A source of help, relief, or comfort in times of trouble.

You see, God is all of that and more. While you are being still in God's presence, no weapon formed against you shall prosper (Isaiah 54:17). My prayer for you is that whatever is going on your life that is causing you to be torn in many directions, you will release it to God and never to take it back from Him. My prayer is also, that once you release your situation, you will be still in God's presence and know that He is God. And that you will "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God;" (Philippians 4:6). In Jesus' name, Amen!!



Your Sister in Christ,
Toia

3 comments:

Chris said...

I do find myself trying to figure things out myself instead of praying first.

Omah's Helping Hands said...

Amen! I love Psalms. They can really lift you up. Plus many bring a song to mind and gets you in the praise mode.
May the Lord continue to pour His blessings upon you!

A Free Spirit Butterfly said...

I hold tight to this particular phrase; Psalm 46:10 has kept me in line with what I think I want and what GOD has replaced it with. HE has my best interest at heart and I can say with certainty that HIS love is unconditional.

Love this one and thanks for reminding me to stand still when the crazy job is pulling me in so many directions.

Love you!