Saturday, October 24, 2009

Fellowship...........Doing Life together!!

This past weekend was my church's 22nd anniversary. It was awesome!! It was amazing how God moved, the atmosphere of praise and worship, God's word that came forth, and the fellowship. God's presence was very evident. Words really can't describe it.

I really love to fellowship with my brothers and sisters in Christ. I love getting connected. There are no hidden agendas in true fellowship. There are no big i's and little you's. Everybody are one with the same game plan......to give God all the praise and glory, edifying one another, sharing God's word and/or testimonies, bearing each other's infirmities, and so much more.

According to the Webster-Merriam Dictionary, fellowship means to join in fellowship especially with a church member. There is power in fellowshipping with your brothers and sisters, mommies and daddys in Christ. God loves it when we gather together as one body ushering in His majestic and glorious presence. "For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them," (Matthew 18:20).

Gather means to bring together. When we fellowship, we gather or bring together our faith, our minds, our joy, our hurts and pains, our insecurities, our hope, our love, our hearts.......so that healing, miracles, blessings, restoration, transformation can take place.

Fellowship is the one thing that the devil doesn't want us to have. He knows that we are very powerful in numbers. Even if we gather in groups of 2's and 3's, we are too powerful for satan to overtake our joy, peace, love, hope, etc. and etc. "You'll chase out your enemies and defeat them: Five of you will chase a hundred, and a hundred of you will chase ten thousand and do away with them," (Lev. 26:8)

To fellowship with one another is to do life together. It's communion. It's being a family. Even what we do in cyber-space, is fellowshipping. We encourage, inspire, and pray for each other through our blogs and/or emails. I am thankful and so bless to have people at my church and even you to call my family, to fellowship with, and do life together.

"Think of ways to encourage one another to outbursts of love and good deeds. And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage and warn each other, especially now that the day of his coming back again is drawing near," (Hebrews 10:24-25).

Your Sister (Always) in Christ and........

Photobucket

4 comments:

Heart2Heart said...

What a beautiful way to define the best feeling in the world to a Christian believer. Fellowship and pray with one another all for the glory of God.

Love all your scripture references here as well. Some of my all time favorites.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

RCUBEs said...

Well stated sister on what it means to be "united"...most especially in the Lord's love. Blessings to you.

Joyfulsister said...

Hi Toia,
It was so good to see you today!! Gosh your blog is so warm and inviting, and I sat listening to your playlist.. Fellowship is so important along with unity and brotherly and sisterly love.. Congrats on your Church Annivesary.

Hugz Lorie

A Free Spirit Butterfly said...

Every Sunday at 6pm, I fellowship with my Church family... It's my medicine that gets me through my work week. I've never felt so loved in that environment. I would not trade it for anything!

Love this post!
Love you!