Saturday, October 10, 2009

What can man do to you?!?




"......Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you. So we say with confidence, 'The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" (Hebrews 13:5-6)


This scripture has been part of my daily bible reading for about a couple of weeks.

This is one of many scriptures that needs to be embedded in our spirits. Knowing that God will never leave me nor will He ever forsake me, is more than enough to give me confidence of who my God is. And to top it off with a bold affirmation, "
I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?"

If God has our backs, why should we be afraid? There is nothing or no one to fear, but God. He is the Alpha and Omega, our Prince of Peace, our Everlasting Father, the Lion of the Tribe of Judah. He is everything and so much more. God's word says, "What then shall we say to these things? If God [is] for us, who [can be] against us?" (Romans 8:31)

and

"For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind," (2 Timothy 1:7).

It is not in our spiritual DNA to be a afraid. Fear is a weapon the devil uses to distort our faith and contradict God's Holy Word. But if we grab hold of Hebrews 13:5-6 and say with boldness and immeasurable confidence that..."God will never leave me nor will He never forsake me; He is my Helper; I will not be afraid; What can man do to me?", we will have devil quaking in his boots. The devil is afraid of bold and confident Christians because we know who we are in Christ and stand firm on all of God's promises in the bible.

And to answer the question in Hebrews 13:6, 'What can man do to you?'............Nothing! A big fat nothing. "No weapon formed against you shall prosper, And every tongue [which] rises against you in judgment You shall condemn...," (Isaiah 54:17).



I pray that this a blessing to your spirit. Remember, to stand firm and be bold. There is nothing to fear. Let the devil know that fear is no longer part of your vocabulary. Hallelujah!!



Photobucket

2 comments:

RCUBEs said...

Glory to God! Thank you for reminding us about our status of "who we truly are in Christ Jesus"...Have a great weekend! God bless.

From the Heart said...

A great reminder that God will never leave us nor forsake us.
Thanks for shaing,
AliceE.