Monday, October 12, 2009

It's A New Season!!

Photobucket




I know that fall season began in September, but it didn't seem official to me until this month. In October, that's when you really begin to see the leaves turning to beautiful red, yellow and orange colors. It's a beautiful earthy transition.

"To everything there is a season...." (Ecc. 3:1). This scripture is very much true. There is a season for everything. They may be seasons where things are undeniable hard and chaotic. It seems like if it is not one thing it's another.

However there can be seasons when things seem to be going your way. Bills are paid on time; you or spouse gets a job promotion; money is in the bank when you need it.

Of course, you know and I know that there are good seasons and not so good seasons. The point I am trying to make is that you must remember to praise God and give Him glory in and out season, during the good and the bad times, during the summer, during the winter, during the spring, and during the fall.

Everytime it's a new season, look at it as being a new day (good or bad). It's about embracing and preparing for what may come next in your life. We must believe that every season we go through is part of God's plan for us. But what if that's season is bad? God has way of turning our bad seasons into good seasons. "And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to [His] purpose," (Romans 8:28).

"For I know the plans I have for you," says the LORD. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope," (Jeremiah 29:11)

There's always a chance to prosper no matter the season. But the question really is.....Is it your season to prosper? (I'm talking spiritual prosperity.) It's all in God's timing as well as being spiritually prepared and ready to receive what God has for you. Think about this scenario. When someone joins the army, they don't automatically become a 5-star general. That person has to work their way to that level. Even though each level gets harder and harder, that person has to remember not give up, if their goal is to be a 5-star general. And when that season comes, after years of enduring and working hard, it will pay off in the end.

As for the spiritual aspect, we have to go through many seasons to grow spiritually from a baby Christian to a mature Christian. But as we go through many growth stages (or many seasons), there will be many challenges we have to face. However, we must stand on our firm foundation and refuse to give up and not be move. "Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord," (1 Cor. 15:58).

"In His kindness God called you to His eternal glory by means of Jesus Christ. After you have suffered a little while, He will restore, support, and strengthen you, and He will place you on a firm foundation," (1 Peter 5:10).

"And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart," (Galatians 6:9).

Photobucket


"You shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, That brings forth its fruit in its season, Whose leaf also shall not wither; And whatever you do shall prosper," (Psalm 1:1).




Photobucket

6 comments:

GranthamLynn said...

This was a beautiful post. And, says some things I have been wanting to say. Thanks for sharing this.
Thanks for coming by my blog I hope that you found Joy today.
Blessings,
Sherry

RCUBEs said...

In reality, we are blessed more than what we can imagine...He deserves our praises and thanks, seasons after seasons...Great post. Blessings to you sister. The pics are beautiful!

Joyfulsister said...

OOh Sis,
I the blog!!! I miss seeing the leaves change in the states. And the photos are fabulous.. I know the seasons are God's way of reminding us that things will change and life will go , but he never changes.

HUgz Lorie

Heart2Heart said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such beautiful comments. My hubby designed the header for my blog based on what I wanted my sight to represent. An invitation to sit by the fire and just hang out and talk.

I hope you come back and stay for a while and join the family! I love your blog and think your writing is fabulous, inspirational and divine led. I decided to become a follower. Happy Friday!

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Larie Carlice Proverbs 27:19 said...

Hi Toia! Thanks so much for visiting "My Heart Speaks..." and leaving a comment!

I "peeked" at your magazine site. Are you still working on that?

smooches,
Larie

LisaShaw said...

Amen Toia!