Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Waiting

"Have you not known? Have you not heard? The everlasting God, the LORD, The Creator of the ends of the earth, Neither faints nor is weary. His understanding is unsearchable. He gives power to the weak, And to those who have no might He increases strength. Even the youths shall faint and be weary, And the young men shall utterly fall, But those who wait on the LORD Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint." (Isaiah 40:28-31)


There is nothing wrong with waiting. Waiting gives you strength, encouragement, and the ability to endure. I think one of the hardest thing to do is to wait. By nature, we are anxious beings. I believe in some way if it was up to some of us, when certain situations occur, instead of waiting on the Lord, we would (if we could)wave a magic wand so everything could be better in a blink of an eye.

They have been so many times when I have wanted an instant gratification instead of a delayed one. But, I knew what I wanted and what I needed are totally two different things. One thing I know for sure in everything I go through, I must trust in God and His plan for my life. And most importantly, I must WAIT.


In the midst of wait, there are going to be times when you feel strong; And there are going to be other times when you feel so weak. At your weakest point, when you feel you have nothing else to give, God will give you the strength and the wind beneath your wings so that you can soar over all that try to burden/weigh you down.
And I give God the glory and praise!!!


If at anytime, you get discouraged while waiting, don't be dismayed. God is closer than you think working the bad for your good!!!! "And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose," (Romans 8:28)




"Wait on the LORD; Be of good courage, And He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the LORD!" (Psalm 27:14)


"Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for Him; Do not fret because of him who prospers in his way, Because of the man who brings wicked schemes to pass." (Psalm 37:7)











Photobucket

1 comment:

Pamela said...

I like the one step at a time. Journeys are personal, sometimes just us and God, but then as we journey, we are able to help others with that first step. Blessings on your new journey.