Monday, June 25, 2012

Manic Monday ~ Create




manic monday



As always, I hope everyone had a splendid weekend. Even though the weather was a wee bit hot in good ol' South Carolina, it was nice. I was able to spend some extra time with one of my sisters in Christ. Then, soaked in an awesome service at church on Sunday. It was great!!


Anywho, it's time to talk about today's Manic Monday. This week's theme is based on Psalm 51:10, "Create in me a clean heart, O God; And renew a steadfast spirit within me." I love, love, love this scripture. We are going to focus on CREATE.


Create ~(Hebrew: bara; #1254)- means to create,
shape, form; to shape, fashion anew, create
(always with God as subject) of heaven and earth,
of individual man, of new conditions
and circumstances; and of transformations


Create in Psalms 51:10 refers to the same one used in Genesis 1:1. When God creates something, He changes the order of it. God changes the old into new, weak into strong, from death to life, bondage into freedom, brokeness into wholeness, and so much more.

In Psalms 51:10, David was not just asking for a clean heart, but a new and improve heart; where his steadfast (firmly established) spirit can dwell. A new heart is a pure heart.


"Then I will sprinkle clean water
on you, and you shall be clean;
I will cleanse you from all your
filthiness and from all your idols.
 I will give you a new heart
and put a new spirit within you;
I will take the heart of stone out of your
flesh and give you a heart of flesh.
I will put My Spirit within you and cause you
to walk in My statutes, and you will
keep My judgments and do them."
 (Ezekiel 36:25-27)
 

In reference to Ezekiel 36:25-27, I read this note in my New Spirit Filled Life Bible and thought I would share it with you because it so true to the point.


"Receive forgiveness and cleansing from the Lord.
 Give Him every area of your heart that has become
 hardened and receive a new heart and a new spirit.
 Yield to the Lord. Ask Him to transform
your heart and your life today."
 

Only God can create a new you and transform your heart. God is the Master of all creations.


Scripture References:
"Then I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within them,[a] and take the stony heart out of their flesh, and give them a heart of flesh," (Ezekiel 11:19)


"Cast away from you all the transgressions which you have committed, and get yourselves a new heart and a new spirit. For why should you die, O house of Israel?" (Ezekiel 18:31)


"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new."
(2 Corinthians 5:17)






Photobucket

No comments: