Sunday, February 8, 2009

Scripture Sunday ~
1 Thessalonians 5:15-24

Photobucket
SpiritualGraphics.com



"See that no one renders evil for evil to anyone, but always pursue what is good both for yourselves and for all.

1. Rejoice always,

2. Pray without ceasing,

3. In everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

4. Do not quench the Spirit.

5. Do not despise prophecies.

6. Test all things; hold fast what is good.

7. Abstain from every form of evil.

Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely; and may your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. He who calls you [is] faithful, who also will do [it]." (1 Thessalonians 5:15-24)

These are beautiful instructions to live by. I pray that we will take heed to God's word and instructions. So that, we may have a bless and fulfill week and life. I, also, pray that we will not waver to the left or right, but stand on God's word. And despite everything that may be going on around us, we would rejoice always and pray without ceasing. In Jesus' Mighty and Precious name...Amen!!




Your Sister in Christ,
Toia

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pray w/o ceasing and do not quench the spirit are 2 of my favorites. Thanks for comming by my blog, I hope you will come by again. God Bless, Robin

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Toia,
Thank you for stopping by my blog today and thank you for your nice comments. I hope you'll visit again soon. Have a wonderful day.

Blessings,
Sandi

Jennifer said...

We talked about that today again in church. Love your blog!!! God bless you!

Mary Timme said...

These Scriptures were some of the first I received when I got serious about being sanctified by God. Aren't they great.

A Free Spirit Butterfly said...

WOW - Love the new look. You've got skills on the creative blogging thing!

That is my prayer as well and thank you for putting the words in my heart!

I can't believe I'm beating you to it but it's probably because I got in a 5:30 am and your sound asleep, but "Happy Monday!"

Love, peace and blessings for a GREAT WEEK!

The butterfly

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!

Shalom
Miss Jocelyn
http://aponderingheart.com
http://feelinfeminine.com

Susannah said...

These are wonderful verses, so full of encouragement to be like Him. Our God is so good. Hugs!

Juri said...

So glad I found your blog....I needed these reminders! Thank you!

Juri