Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Wordfilled Wednesday ~ Deuteronomy 6:5

Photobucket



I thought this scripture is appropriate since Valentine's Day is Saturday. We should show the Lord love 24/7. It should not be lip service. We should put the love we have for the Lord into action. You may ask, "How do you suppose I do that?"

Well....
1). You can start by communicating to God through prayer. It's pretty hard to make it through the day without talking to the one you love. God loves it when we talk to Him about every and anything.

2). Praise and worship - When you love someone, you try your best to encourage and praise that person for all their good works. God loves the sweet aroma of our praise and worship. When the praises go up, the blessings come down.

3). Read the Bible. When you love someone, you try study and learn as much as you can about them, whether it's their favorite color, favorite food, or etc. So, what better way to get to know God than to read His word. I would go on to say His autobiography.

This is just a few ways. Please understand that you can't give God 50%, 75% or even 99.9% of your love. It has to be all or nothing. It has to be 100%. Just as the scripture says, "You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength." You have to love the Lord from the inside-out.





Lord, I pray that we learn to love you wholeheartedly with all our hearts, with all our souls, and with all our strengths. We want to do your will Lord. I pray that nothing or no one will try to separate your people from the love you have for us. On behalf of my sisters and brothers in Christ, I repent for the times we neglected you and for the times we didn't show you our love. I love you Lord and I thank you for your grace and mercy. In Jesus' precious name I pray....Amen.




For more Wordfilled Wednesday check out the160acrewoods.com


Photobucket





Your Sister In Christ,

Toia

15 comments:

Denise said...

This was such a fantastic post sweetie.

A Free Spirit Butterfly said...

Love it and I'm going to borrow it. I was/am journaling about my experience at work since I've been placed in charged and I have a section marked inspirational. This in going on today's date. I didn't know what to write about, so now I can cut and paste your prayer. It is my prayer as well, thanks for finding the words. I love the Lord and I talk w/him all the time and I'm working on meditating on his word more. I'm currently in Numbers.

Love you and have a Happy V. Day!

Laurie Ann said...

Awesome post! Happy WFW!

Alex said...

Thank you for sharing today - a great topic for Valentine's Day. Blessings to you this weekend!

Patty Wysong said...

Super! Loving God above all else--with all that we are.

Addicted to Beadz said...

Great scripture and photo. Thanks for sharing!

Blessings!

Cheryl

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post and wfw; It's so true...the best expression of praise to our Heavenly Father is doing what we can to get to really know Him.

Thank you so much for your comment!

Peggy said...

Blessings Toia, Great scripture and so timely! It truly is one of my favorites...for years, actually most of my life! It was my "vow" to my Lord as I accepted Him! Your own words are great insights & truth!
Thanks for your visit & gems of wisdom! He has my ALL 100%!!! Amen...love your prayer!

Alicia The Snowflake said...

What a great reminder! We must love Him with all of our being. May we never forget that.

Thanks for sharing!
Happy WFW!

Susan said...

Oh this was sooooooooo good!!

So nice to meet you!


Thanks for stopping by today♥

Sit-N-Chat said...

Hi,
Thank you for sharing about our opportunities to draw closer to the Lord. He is so good to us. I want to be His 100%. The worldly life just isn't worth missing out on all Gad hs for us.

Have a great week.

Jennifer

Joyfull said...

This is a perfect verse for Valentine's and a great reminder to give God our best - 100%! Great post, love the picture!!!!!

Amydeanne said...

fitting for Vday! thanks for posting it!

Anonymous said...

wonderful post! I love this verse :)

Blessings.

Susannah said...

What a perfect choice for Valentine's Day! Happy WFW, and sorry visit is a little late. :~D