Saturday, July 24, 2010

Saturday Book of Psalms Reading ~ Psalm 1


Psalm 1

BLESSED is the man
Who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly,
Nor stands in the path of sinners,
Nor sits in the seat of the scornful;

But his delight is in the law of the LORD,
And in His law he meditates day and night.

He shall be like a tree
Planted by the rivers of water,
That brings forth its fruit in its season,
Whose leaf also shall not wither;
And whatever he does shall prosper.

The ungodly are not so,
But are like the chaff which the wind drives away.

Therefore the ungodly
shall not stand in the judgment,
Nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.


For the LORD knows the way of the righteous,
\But the way of the ungodly shall perish.



May God's Word be a blessings to you in the name of Jesus.

Toia


Photobucket

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this psalm! Thank you! BTW, I love your music choices on your blog!

Barbara said...

Love that Psalm, thank you for visiting my blog and I hope you will come back, I love God's people and love being around them, hugs my new friend, God bless you.

Jacquelyn Stager said...

Hello and thanks for stopping by my blog! Believe it or not, this is one of the first scripture verses I memorized as a child. Love it! This past year I have read through the books of Psalms and Proverbs twice each just for something different. I'll see you again soon over here! Have a blessed Lord's Day...

RCUBEs said...

I may not be able to visit blogging friends a lot but don't tire writing for Him. Just dropping by to wish you a great week ahead and may the Lord bless you and protect you and your family always. May our roots go down deeper in His love.