Saturday, July 17, 2010

Saturday Book of Psalms Reading ~
Psalm 86

I love this Psalm because its full David's praises to God for who He is. As you read, you can see how David reminds God of His promises as well as David making promises to God. Not only do read about David's promises to God, you read a few requests that David made known to God.

This Psalm is full of inspiration and it stirs your spirit. Psalm 86 is one of those psalms that you have to read all the way through to reap the full benefit spiritually.

Photobucket



Psalm 86

A Prayer of David. Bow down Your ear,
O LORD, hear me; For I [am] poor and needy.

Preserve my life, for I [am] holy;
You are my God; Save Your servant who trusts in You!

Be merciful to me, O Lord,
For I cry to You all day long.

Rejoice the soul of Your servant,
For to You, O Lord, I lift up my soul.

For You, Lord, [are] good, and ready
to forgive, And abundant in mercy
to all those who call upon You.

Give ear, O LORD, to my prayer;
And attend to the voice of my supplications.

In the day of my trouble I will
call upon You, For You will answer me.

Among the gods [there is] none like You,
O Lord; Nor [are there any works] like Your works.

All nations whom You have made
Shall come and worship before You,
O Lord, And shall glorify Your name.

For You [are] great, and do
wondrous things; You alone [are] God.

Teach me Your way, O LORD;
I will walk in Your truth;
Unite my heart to fear Your name.

I will praise You, O Lord my God,
with all my heart, And I will
glorify Your name forevermore.

For great [is] Your mercy toward me,
And You have delivered my
soul from the depths of Sheol.

O God, the proud have risen against me,
And a mob of violent [men]
have sought my life, And
have not set You before them.

But You, O Lord, [are] a God
full of compassion, and gracious,
Longsuffering and abundant
in mercy and truth.

Oh, turn to me, and have
mercy on me! Give Your strength
to Your servant, And save the
son of Your maidservant.

Show me a sign for good,
That those who hate me may see
[it] and be ashamed,
Because You, LORD, have
helped me and comforted me.



May this psalm reading be a blessing to you mind, body, and spirit. Blessings, Peace, and Love to you always!!!!


Photobucket

2 comments:

Amydeanne said...

i love the psalms too! :)

Joan Hall said...

I love reading the Psalms. David was so open and honest - no matter what season of life he was in.

Thanks for your visit today. I really appreciate your comments.

Blessings,
Joan